USB hubs are designed to expand on the number of ports a computer provides.This enables users to connect more peripheral devices than a laptop on its own would allow. Devices connected to the hub can be used simultaneously and most are highly portable.
First, USB is the abbreviation of Universal SerialBus in English, and "Universal Serial Bus" in Chinese, also known as Universal Serial Interface.
Second, the Hub is a hub that is often referred to, which uses a star topology to connect multiple USB interface devices.
USB Hub, can be connected to computer desk lamp, computer fan, MP3, U disk, voice recorder, digital camera, etc.
* A USB interface can be expanded into multiple independent USB interfaces.
* Adopt the second generation USB HUB controller
* Directly connected to the computer, no external power supply required, easy to use
* The computer automatically recognizes and installs, no driver is required, plug and play, plug and play freely
* Support USB2.0, speed up to 480Mbps, backward compatible with USB1.1
* Built-in current overload short circuit protection device
* System support: Win95/98/Me/2000/XP, Linux2.4andMac os8.5 or above
What is a USB hub used for?
USB hubs are typically used to connect multiple devices to a computer beyond the port limits.
1. USB-HUB is a device that provides extended communication. If the Hub can drive a 2.5-inch mobile hard disk without an external power supply, it mainly depends on the power supply capability of the computer expansion port!
2. Generally, a 2.5-inch mobile hard disk needs to be powered by a computer or a Hub, and a 3.5-inch mobile hard disk needs an additional high-power dedicated power supply; please do not directly connect this type of equipment;
3. In the case of no external power supply: the current provided by a computer USB port is about 500MA, which can only be barely enough for a 2.5-inch mobile hard disk, and then consumes part of it through the USB-Hub, which is not enough for ordinary 2.5-inch mobile hard disks. of.
4. The front USB ports of many compatible chassis, due to one more transfer, coupled with material problems such as wire materials, the power supply capacity is even worse; it is very easy to cause the mobile hard disk to be unusable or even lose data and damage the hard disk;
5. If your mobile hard disk makes a "click" sound, it is caused by insufficient power supply; for your mobile hard disk, it is recommended to connect the USB-Hub to the USB port integrated on the motherboard on the back of the chassis to ensure better performance. contact and power supply
6. Please use the original USB power cable when using the mobile hard disk. Ordinary usb cables have thin wire diameters and large losses, which cannot meet the power supply needs!
What are the different types?
There are two different types:self-powered and bus powered USB hubs.
A bus powered USB hub connects to a laptop or desktop and draws on the computers power to work.Self-powered USB hubs provide their own supply of power independent of a computer.In most cases,these hubs are powered via an AC adapter to give power to any connected devices rather than from your computer.
Self-powered hubs are typically used in industrial or office environments where a variety of appliances are needed simultaneously,and where the demand for additional higher voltages is necessary.
USB2.0 HUB supports USB2.0, the theoretical bandwidth is up to 480Mbps;
USB3.0 HUB supports USB3.0, backward compatible with USB2.0/1.1, the theoretical bandwidth is up to 5Gbps;
USB3.1 HUB supports USB3.1, backward compatible with USB3.0/2.0/1.1, the theoretical bandwidth is up to 10Gbps.
How do USB hubs work?
The majority of USB hubs are plug in and play and do not require any sofyware to use them,Once the hub is connected,users can attach a range of accessories,such as:a mouse,keyboard,webcam,external hard drive,printer,and more,depending on how many ports the hub provides.
Most standard multi-port hubs connect with a computer via a USB type-A or type-C male connector.
An excellent multi-purpose device
As well as the typical USB ports,some hubs provide different port options to suit the varied needs of different users.For example,hubs can come equipped with ethernet,USB-C,and HDMI connections.
Some hubs also sport additional features like hi-speed data transfer rates and fast-charging for mobile devices.